Ghostbuster or Racebaiting?

AllRight(ious) ... man I am about up to here with dumb stuff. This new logo for the war on terror, immediately struck me as a throw back to the late 60's early 70's and the propaganda used against the "radical" students, "radical" blacks, "radical" anything ... getting a serious case of ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

Is it a distraction to make a parallel to the Ghostbuster logo. Except for the universal symbol for NO!, I see a very strange looking black figure holding a very strange looking gun.

Whoever made this new logo has some explaining to do.

Yup ... having a bit of interest in history and spending a little too much time online, the new logo reminded me of some early 1900's "Black Sambo" imagery, some stuff from the 60's/70's, and folks like Bobby Seale, John Lennon.

Everything is out of whack. People set others up to fail. Refuse to discuss (negotiate). Our leaders treat first responders and the military poorly, at the same time praise their work. Use them to shield bad policies ( that hurts soldiers, police, fireman when there are words spoken that criticize policy). How come it is always peace activists and people want to make changes. Want Civil Rights. Human Rights. Equal Rights.

No one listens anymore. Too many secrets. Can't/won't discuss "that". That is privileged information. With us or with the TerrorSamboist.

Terrorist Busters... what is next, recruiters in kindergarten classes doing puppet shows?

And this new piece of legislation ... hey there are laws in place already that cover stupid people doing bad things. This reads like a giant trap, designed to be interpreted anyway the "man" sees fit to enforce... Oh man, did I just use "the Man" in a sentence?

HR 1955 So I guess this puts a damper on Protest Marches, Peace Rallies, Civil Discourse.


Remember peace symbols, power to the people, the Black Panthers, Kent State, Freedom of Speech, oh and the Bill of Rights, THE CONSTITUTION. We lived fine through all that in spite of the fear that was more often than not manufactured. Yeah I know ... 1700's... but turbulent times were the norm when our country began ... with far more vulnerability to "Radical" British provocateurs/spies/terrorists then the equivalent of our sixties.

Just like when I was in elementary school, I may end up on some list because I said what I was thinking OUT LOUD, it did not conform, it is disruptive .....

Okay I am off of my rant for the day ... others will toss their opinion in. Many will likely say it much better than I ...
Naomi Wolf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Laptop per Child & Why (Fi) Sprint & Clearwire

"Playing For Change: Peace Through Music"